6/10/2013

6 reasons why I love summer


Everyone knows that summer begins on June 21, but for me it starts with the last day of school which is (in Croatia) this Friday. That's why I created my list of reasons why I love summer which is, along with Christmastime, my favorite time of the year.

1. The weather

I don't know about you, but I love sunny warm days. Not too cold, not too hot. I can already see myself lying on the beach reading a good book while summer breeze is playing with my hair. A bit too poetic? Admittedly, in Croatia summer can get a bit too hot at times, but that's why most of us escapes to the seaside. Or we let the sprinklers cool us.

2. No school

'nuff said.

3. Vacation

I love travelling. I love packing. I love travelling by car, train, plane, whatever. I love staying in a hotel or a rented apartment.  I love sightseeing. I love taking pictures. I love buying souvenirs. I love sending postcards. I love travelling.

4. Festivals

In Croatia we have a lot of summer festivals - music festivals, film festivals, children festivals - all kinds of festivals for everyone. This year I'm going to InMusic Festival in Zagreb, Motovun Fim Festival and Dubrovnik Summer Festival. But I'm also going to France this year so I might find some festival to attend even though I missed Cannes Film Festival.

5. Fashion

Dresses, shorts, skirts, t-shirts vs. coats, scarves, gloves, boots. In my case summer clothes win.

6. Ice cream

Lots and lots and lots of ice cream. And all flavors too, I'm not picky (when it comes to ice cream). Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, lemon, punch, stracciatella, whatever flavor count me in. I'm always in a mood for ice cream. Always.

And finally...